Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend on the water




Spent the weekend on the water (at least some of it!) on our beautiful Hilton Head Island paddle surfing again...yeah! One of these days I will get the hang of it. Although I took some spills that left a few bumps and bruises, it was fun regardless. That's me in the background with the hat on...avoiding the "bigger" waves - ( I prefer cruising around at this point....like a standing kayak session.)
The water was actually fairly warm albeit the air temperature made it a little chilly. But thanks to Jamie I had a good wetsuit and was all set. It was actually nice, too, to watch Jamie, Glen and the others surf.
At this point it is equally as fun for me to watch as it is to ride. Also I got to know a few ladies watching with me. It is a nice camaraderie of gals on the beach.
On Sunday I also took a walk on the beach with a good friend...it was a gorgeous afternoon...very sparkly water and lots of sunshine. Calm glistening waters at low tide.
Rounded the weekend off with oysters and trout for dinner...couldn't get much better. I am a blessed gal.

1 comment:

jamie said...

hola! la muchacha, sí las olas estaban bien y usted es aún mejor.