Monday, October 13, 2008

I finished!

"Congratulations from Bank of America for finishing the 2008 Bank of America Chicago Marathon! Your recorded finish time was 5:22:57 and you placed 23746 out of 31,401 finishers." I received this email in my inbox today. Yeah! I have completed what I set out to do and I survived to the end. I am so thankful for all the love and encouragement from family and friends. I am thankful for everyone's generosity with the fundraising and for the other forms of generosity. Thank you to Jesus for carrying me through. Thank you to Jamie for being there for me the whole way. Thank you to Laura for her hospitality. Thank you to Melinda for her care package and moral support. And today, I will celebrate with a massage and good food and a day off at home on Hilton Head, this beautiful place that we live, green from all the rain and with cool, mild temps. Praise to the Lord for He is good, his love endures forever.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Nice job jessica....for such a good cause...you are inspiring...