Sunday, October 19, 2008

Had a beautiful weekend

Already reminiscing about today and this weekend. It all was beautiful. I enjoyed so much, experienced so much, was welcomed, listened to and cherished so much. Today was just one of the highlights. Started off with an excellent service at church. Greg preached an awesome sermon - it was about servanthood to the Most High. What that means. What it means to be the Lord's own, purchased by His blood.

Next up for the day was an unplanned lunch with my friend Corrie. She's so great...she makes my heart happy. I love her friendship and company.
Then, if the day hadn't started out well enough, it moved onto the glorious afternoon in the sunshine and on the water. Jamie and I went kayaking in Jarvis Creek at the north end of the island, meandering through sanctuaries of marsh grass and flowing tides. Saw lot of birds - sandpipers, egrets, herons. Scurried with the kayaks beneath the boughs of the live oaks along the creek 's edges. Got blown back and forth by the wind...finally I got the hang of paddling with Jamie's helpful and knowledgeable instruction. It became even more fun at that point when I figured out how to do it correctly!


But not only did we kayak along the creek, but we also fished at the same time! I haven't fished like that in years and years and it was so fun. Although I didn't catch anything, I had fun trying. But Jamie caught a beautiful trout! A nice sized one! And I was so proud and so pleased for him. It was a fun 'win' for the day. (Picture tells it all.)
I ended the day by joining my parents for dinner, which I am thankful for. Signe offered to cook and I was able to enjoy their company and also enjoy time with my sister Silja, Eric and my nephew Kaleb.
Thank you Lord for a great day.

1 comment:

jamie said...

had a beautiful weekend too...