Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Living on an island we always have an eye out for potential tropical storms and hurricanes. For surfers (of which I am still the baby beginner) it is an exciting time as the wind and currents begin to pick up, in the anticipation of surf-worthy waves. For me personally this morning, it was a different adventure. During my morning run, about an hour into it, rain swaths began down pouring at about 6:45am. No worries though, and to be honest, it was a lot of fun. I love being caught in the rain (as opposed to 'heading out' in the rain) ...it makes me feel like I am really "brave" and "am conquering the world." (Heading out into it is a different story...something that takes more motivation.) Today however, I had my visor on, so no water in the eyes, and everything else was just fine. Wet shoes, soaking wet clothes, wet skin...and relief from the heat. Thanks Fay!

No comments: