Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Like an eagle

I saw a bald eagle this morning sitting perched high up on a telephone pole. I had taken a morning break and as I was retuning to the office, there he was, perched. Facing the cold winds that were blowing this morning, feathers ruffling in the wind.

What a testimony to me from the Lord.
He says,

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Another passage came to my mind this morning...

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

We have a dear friend who is sick this morning and needs to be healed. We pray that the Lord would lift her up on wings like eagles. That amidst the cold winds, she would soar.
Lord, the Healer of all things, please come.
Peace,
Amen.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Praise the Lord,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. ps 103.5