Friday, February 13, 2009

whom do we serve

From "Who do you surf for?"

THE BREAD
You are starving, and I am life-saving bread. I am your sustenance, the basic staple you need to live.If you eat me you will live.
THE LIGHT
You are stumbling in darkness, and I am illuminating light. If you follow me you’ll stop stubbing your souls.
The VINE
You are little branches, and I am the only vine that reaches the ground and has roots in the rich soil. If you don’t anchor yourself in me, you will be a brittle, dead branch. If you make a home in me, you will bear fruit. That’s the whole point of a branch.
YOUR FATHER
You are my beautiful children, and I am your provider and forgiving comforter. If you live with me, you’ll grow up in strength and wisdom. You’ll grow up in the freedom of knowing you’re always loved and treasured."

No comments: