Thursday, February 26, 2009

morning bell for the start of Lent
Luke 6:17-19

Crowds come to Jesus to hear him and to be healed.
Listen for Christ today, ask for the healings you desire.


I begin this journey of Lent today. I am eager...Day 1. I do pray for healing in my own life and for healing in the lives of others. I pray that the Lord would prune my heart this season.

I am humbled by my own sin, cognizant of it, and repentant. I want to turn, and am turning! Turning my back on besetting sins for good! That's the beauty of Christ and his sacrifice for us. To relieve us of our sins, or burdens, to set us free.

Speeding...one of the things I am 'giving up' for Lent as symbol of my reflection...my devotion, my Love for Him...Day1! I know that this one act will help me to slow down, listen to God, wait on Him, not be rushed, impatient or hurried.

Praise Him! 45 MPH (or less!)...wahoo!

No comments: