Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trusting is also daily

Trust - This is also a daily thing. Giving to God the issues for the day and trusting Him to take care of the details. Do we really believe that He is good? Do we really have no fear because He has conquered the grave? Daily I think I stress and strive to figure things out, when really God says, "Let me do the striving. All you need to do is rest in Me."

Now that doesn't mean that we are not to do the work he has given us to do or that we are not to think. For work, there are many Proverbs that speak against laziness and complacency. And for thinking, He gave us a mind, not a marshmallow, for a brain. But, I think it does mean do what you can do and leave the results of your efforts in His hands. Be guided by His 'still small voice' (and sometimes He hits you over the head with a two-by-four if you are not listening.) Last, don't overexert, because then you are just trying to be God.

2 comments:

jamie said...

I feel like I got hit in the head with a 2x4

Jessica said...

although it would defeat the purpose of the 2 x 4, I kinda hope the blow wasn't too hard because i don't want to see my baby too bruised up :o)