Wednesday, July 23, 2008

After work - ocean swim

Yesterday was a long emotional day at work. Long meetings and long conversations. It all turned out well in the end, but had me spent. So, after work, all I could think about was being outside...and going to the beach and swimming in the ocean began calling my name. So I went!

I don't do this enough living here, after work, and there is no excuse really-- especially in the summer! I live on Hilton Head Island, and should do this all the time. Where else in typical USA can you go swimming in the Atlantic Ocean afterwork? When I was in Atlanta, I definitely couldn't do this...I was usually stuck in traffic for at least an hour everyday.

Well, going to the beach last night was refreshing and relaxing and wonderful. Thank God, literally, that I live here. I am blessed and very grateful. I swam in the salty, soothing water, I took a nice walk to check out the Folly and its topographic changes since I last studied it 20 years ago (a peculiar spot on the Hilton Head Island beach...what I call a "geomorphic special spot" on the island) and then I sat in my chair with my towel wrapped around me and just listened to the gentle waves and the sound of the ocean breeze. Magnificent.

Ahh..the beauty of this place...my home...Hilton Head Island.

1 comment:

jamie said...

I want to go swimming - I might even be able to keep up. Jamie