Monday, June 1, 2009

My love...


Patience, Passion, Power

Sometimes our love is tested and we are called upon by the Lord to be self-sacrificial and patient. As Greg reminded us on Sunday, patience is a gift from the Lord; a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Lord, please help me to allow the Holy Spirit to work fully in my life. Please help me to love those around me better. Please help me to see through their eyes...to put myself in their shoes.

Father, thank you for a beautiful weekend. Thank you for lots of sunshine, for being on the boat with Jamie, whom I love... and doing what we love together. Thank you also for Sunday at church and Sunday projects...walking on the beach, planting flowers, cleaning up, making dinner at home.

Lord, please ignite your passion within me again to love and serve you more. Please bring the power of your resurrection, the Cross, to help me overcome the battles that rage against my life and against my soul. Please give me the strength to be obedient. I can't do it on my own, I need a Saviour. Lord Jesus, please come.

Galatians 5
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments: