Monday, June 29, 2009

Tender Mercies

I had a very blessed Sunday. Although clouds almost formed, I praise the Lord for His sunshine and His radiance...for His tender mercies, which are new every morning, for his answers to prayer, and his ministers (Melinda) ...because the day was glorious. I skipped church, but I think our Lord is ok with that sometimes. He knows that He has made a beautiful creation out there for us to enjoy and that it is hard for us to resist.

At 9:00am, I headed out of the house after situating the cats, dressed in my best outdoor attire, and headed for the beach. There, Jamie, Rex and Jamie's dad, Bob, had already arrived and were waiting on me to join them fishing. We waded out in the Port Royal Sound next to the old rocky groins and there is the spot where flounder fishing can be great. I tried my own hand with the rod and reel, and although I didn't catch anything, it was awesome being there in the water, with the sun rising across the ocean, sparkling , and watching the men really catch their fish. Jamie caught a big flounder and so did Rex. Bob caught a ginormous trout...he was very happy.

...and then the day progressed greatly from there.... (to be continued)

No comments: