Monday, April 27, 2009

I praise the Lord

Remarks about this past weekend....Amazing! I had such a fun, sun-filled, blessed weekend to be with Jamie fishing, boating, and enjoying his family and friends. I learned that Cobia fishing is an extremely detailed process and Jamie did a fantastic job being prepared. He's such a great boater/waterman....I was honored to be with him in the process of fishing and also boating/cruising. I asked lots of questions and he, with his wonderful patience, helped my inquiring mind to learn and be fulfilled.

Also, to be in church on Sunday, praising our Lord with other believers and thanking him for what he has done on the Cross was a blessing too. Jesus made no small feat of redemption and sacrifice on the cross...so large a gift for so little a person as me, a person who has the ability to hurt Him so deeply at times and stumble and mess up. Yet, in His saving grace, I get to be the "centrifugal" force in the world and to love and serve him as a faithful witness of his life and resurrection. In Him, I, too, get to be resurrected--every day!! Thank the Lord! Praise be to Jesus.

Also this Monday morning I am praising God because I just read the Surfer's devotional. Although I may never fully understand the depth of commitment and love of surfing by sweet Jamie and his 'surf brothers', I can yet support him and others in their excitement and passion, and can learn myself, ever so inch-by-inch. I praise the Lord for ministries that minister to them and speak their surfer language. From the Surfer's devotional this morning, which can speak to all of us:

"The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his JOY went and sold all he had and bought that field.”

Amen. Amen to finding The treasure. I hope that all find it and are fulfilled.

No comments: