Friday, January 30, 2009

Back pain

When I am stressed, down, etc. I turn to the following scripture, below, a lot. In context, it is a great passage, offering much hope.

I have been suffering with back problems all week and have felt stressed because I am not exercising. When I don't exercise I also often eat too much. Then I get even more stressed because I don't want to gain weight. It is a terrible cycle.

But, when I stop the worrying, and really let Christ be in control, things begin to get better. It's a daily thing. A daily surrender. A daily letting go. Often how I do this is that I give my worries to the Lord, verbally handing them over to God, especially when I am getting ready for work in the morning and then also throughout the day. I then am able to breathe a deep heavy sigh of relief and refocus onto what the Lord has at hand. The next task, or simply just being at peace and restful.

He says, "Cast ALL your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."
Amen to that.

(PS I am also praying for relief in my back. Jesus is our Healer, as well as our Savior. Thank you, Lord, for the healing.)

1 Peter 5: 5b-11
"All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments: