Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tonight

Tonight has been about rest and relaxation after a good day's work and a good evening run. Ran 8 miles tonight...getting closer to the end of my marathon training. It was a "short" run...yeah, ha ha, it's funny because not just 2 months ago 8 miles was a "long" run. Well...I guess I am improving and getting stronger. I can see the finish line. Praise Jesus.
But, back to kicking back, sometimes we all just need to kick-it alone. To pull in, to reflect, recharge, and do the things we need to do to rest our minds, hearts, bodies, etc, and just to take care of personal business and get stuff done. I spent 2 hours in front of the tube (while eating dinner...at least that is productive!) watching my favorite show, Project Runway. (Oh I LOVE watching the designs come down the runway...so thrilling, so creative and so interesting!) It is pretty much the only TV show I watch and definitely the only "reality" show I watch. All the others are just, well, I won't say it. But anyhoo...
What does this blog have to do with Hilton Head? Well, not a whole lot except to say that although I live in paradise, life can be just life sometimes and we all have to do the mundane....laundry, vacuuming (of which I am finishing now) cleaning the kitty litter box, etc. In a way I think God thinks the mundane, when looked at correctly, is actually a very spiritual experience...
Ok, well, enough ideology, gonna get back to housework. I'll be listening to one of my radio stations (Air 1--pretty rockin' Christian tunes) and then stretching (this 37 year old bod needs it) and then off to bed. Hallelujah. Another good day - with work, running, cleaning and all. God bless and good night.

No comments: