Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hilton Head Evening run and morning inspiraton

Last night I ran 8 miles as part of my ongoing, near ending, training for my marathon. I left my house at about 6:30 and actually didn't get home until after dark. There were some pleasures along the way...the setting brilliant orange sun and the cool evening Fall breezes that are so fabulous this time of year. As the light faded, I heard the beautiful sounds of the tree frogs and crickets singing and also of the conversations being held between elegant white cranes in their rookery. I passes the rookery twice along the way and the early chatter of the cranes began to settle down as the evening grew.
My only caution was that it actually became so dark (with no moonlight) that I almost tripped on several occasions and almost had a collision with two bicyclists. But thank the Lord I was spared and real injury although my calf got a little tight and it was actually somewhat of a physically difficult run. I think I was tired. Yet, I reached home safely however and also had a chance to breathe in the stars that began to shine.
It was an overall great night, and yet something even better came my way this morning from a new friend. Here it is: http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513. More than inspiring.