Tuesday, April 6, 2010

OREO Cakesters - True love with my niece...

So last night I had an "Auntie's night out" with my eldest nice, Aubrey.  Aubrey is visiting with my sister and her family for Spring Break.  They love to come to the beach and stay at my parent's house and just chill out.  Who wouln't---they are on Hilton Head...

Anyhoo..Aubrey is 11 and is way more nature than her age tells.  She, in her own words, "reads at a twelvth grade level" - which is so true, and she's also very demure and a collected little woman.  Much to be admired already.

Well, we began the night after I got off work exactly wher I like to be...at the beach.  It was a gorgeous soft, cool Spring evening.  THe wind was gently blowing on the beach and teh sun was still high enough in the sky to give everything a warm glow.  The sun had heated up the water enoughtthat it was fun to walk along the waters edge, splahing the inclomg ripples of the tide with our feet as we enjoyed ach others' company and chatted.  Following this, I took her on a little side excursion along the beach...we visited the Folly.

...more to come...

No comments: